The recipe Strawberries and Cream Scones could satisfy your Scottish craving in approximately 45 minutes. For 83 cents per serving, this recipe covers 10% of your daily requirements of vitamins and minerals. This recipe makes 8 servings with 288 calories, 5g of protein, and 10g of fat each. Only a few people really liked this morn meal. This recipe is liked by 1 foodies and cooks. It is a good option if you’re following a vegetarian diet. Head to the store and pick up heavy cream, flour, powdered sugar, and a few other things to make it today. All things considered, we decided this recipe deserves a spoonacular score of 34%. This score is not so excellent. Try Strawberries and Cream Scones, Strawberries and Cream Scones, and Strawberries & Cream Scones for similar recipes.
Strawberries and Cream Scones Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Cube and chill butter.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest, salt, and cinnamon) in a large bowl.
- With your fingertips work the butter into the flour mixture.
- Make a well in the center of the butter and flour mixture. Add the heavy cream and stir.
- Add a tablespoon of milk and stir until the dough is moistened but not wet.
- Add the diced strawberries.
- Gently work the strawberries into the dough and knead it together.
- Pat into an 8 inch circle and cut triangles. Do not be afraid of using flour, excess flour can always be dusted off.
- Transfer scones to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Bake at 425F for 12-15 minutes or until the tops and edges are golden.
- Cool on a cooling rack.
- Drizzle with glaze (powdered sugar mixed with a bit of liquid of your choice)
Credit: Foodista.com – The Cooking Encyclopedia Everyone Can Edit